Sherry's Peach Fruitcake
Recipe from Jeanie McHenry:
I found this recipe for Peach fruitcake in the Dec,1977 Better Homes and Gardens Magazine. My sister Sherry has since made it yearly.
INGREDIENTS & INSTRUCTIONS
- 1 1/2 cups Flour
- 1 cup Brown Sugar,packed
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1tsp. Cinnamon, ground
- 1/2 tsp.ground Cloves
- 16 oz. (2cups) Mixed Candied Fruit
- 1 cup chopped Walnuts
- 1 cup Raisins
- 1 16 oz. can drained Peaches, diced
- 1 14oz. can Eagle Brand Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 1 cup Mincemeat (fruited kind)
- 1/4 cup Apricot or Peach Brandy
Pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans.
Bake @ 300 degrees for 2 hours until done.
Wrap in foil or saran wrap. Store in a cool place.