MARY BETH GOODMAN
PO Box 102, Brainard, NY 12024-0102
Membership Guru supported the needs and concerns of 2.5 million customers
for product line of a leading internet concern (#4 in Media Metrix rating).
Interfaced with technical and production team members. Brought strong analytical
skills to problem diagnosis and resolution. Supported product goals by identifying
problems and trends and channeling suggestions. Hardworking and dependable
| Lycos Network, Williamstown, MA
||1998 to June 2000
|Membership Guru, htmlGEAR
||1999 to June 2000
Provided customer support to existing and new members as well as visitors
to members' sites using Kana Software. Developd responses to technical questions
about a range of products for web page builders. Channeled user feedback
to development team and worked with team to assist in problem resolution
and determining future changes to products.
- Launched htmlGEAR, a suite of web page add-ons, as part of the team.
- Answer email as main point of contact for customers.
- Handle 150-300 emails a day concerning products.
- Identify class problems as well as individual problems needing resolution
by technical team. Members or better explanations to customers, reducing
total email reports signficantly.
- Review and act on abuse reports and terms of service violations regarding
|Member Development Specialist, Tripod
Part of a team which developed and administered a revenue-sharing program
for Tripod home page builders.
- Created specifications and worked with engineers to develop tools for
- Developed and used MS Access database to handle information while larger
systems under development.
- Reviewed applications, answered questions, provided support and guidance
to page builders seeking to increase traffic or join program.
- Analysed growth of product and traffic variations due to influence
of advertising and promotion.
- Shared information with team workers about applicant behavior.
- Cross-trained on membership and abuse tools and functions.
|Pod Community Manager, Tripod
1998 to 1999
Managed member volunteers in Tripod online communities. Provided training
and support to members who volunteered to lead subject-oriented communities.
Worked with technical lead of product to identify and resolve problems with
product and answer questions for members.
- Revitalized product and worked with recruiters to increase volunteer
staffing by 100% in first two months.
- Developed web-based handbook for volunteer use.
- Worked with 150 volunteers in 100 communities, using email and chat
as main means of communication.
Increased member participation in Pods and increased loyalty to Tripod
pages, by encouraging active leadership and participation by volunteers
- Increased interactions and sense of community between volunteers by
encouraging sharing of information and ideas.
- Initiated regular chats for volunteers to allow them to communicate
with each other and Tripod.
- Attended one day seminar about dealing with difficult people.
|New York State Assembly
1978 to 1998
|Senior Machine Operator
1990 to 1998
Part of small satellite office, providing on-site copying and printing,
in fast turnaround environment. Operated and maintained large Xerox machines
(Docutech, 5090, 5100).
- Initiated transfer of production reporting to database, making the
information easier to use and analyze.
- Worked with clerks and departments to meet their copying needs and
deadlines. Prioritized workload and planned for heavy load periods. Responsible
for training co-workers on equipment.
| Paste up/Typesetter/Clerical
|| 1978 to 1990
Produced mechanicals for legislator newsletters. Worked with printers, graphic
artists and department staff.
|SUNY College of Environmental Science and Forestry, Syracuse, NY BS 1976
||College of St. Rose, Albany, NY Graduate Credits in Elementary Education
Comfortable in both the PC and Mac environment, wide range of word processing,
web page building and email software including Eudora and Kana. Use unix-based
NYQuilts! 1995 to Present
Regional quilt show, held annually since 1996. Initially responsible
for site selection, coordinating efforts of committees, publicity, fund
raising. Show presents over 200 quilts and workshops and lectures.
- Steady growth in attendance since incorporating as non-profit for 1997
- Prepared successful grant application for purchase of display racks.
- Act as ambassador to show, doing grassroots publicity and attracting
both quilt collections for display and participants.
- Work with committee and other volunteers to plan and prepare show and
determine future directions.
East Side Quilters 1992 to Present
Co-founder and Past President
Established quilt group in Southern Rensselaer County, NY with a membership
of almost 40 members.
- In its first year, this group produced a raffle quilt which raised $1700 for a local library. The group continues to make quilts given to local social service organizations.
- Recipient of an individual artist grant from The Arts Center of the Capital Region, to support the creation of new work
- Exhibited in local and national level quilt shows. Recent quilts have
won best of show and other exceptional merit awards.
- Teach quilting at local guilds and assist members of online quilting
- Curator of collection of quilts on the topic of child abuse and violence
against children. These quilts will tour until end of 2000. Work with organizations
to arrange showings.
- Manage web site for child abuse quilts: http://mbgoodman.tripod.com/caq/caq1.html
| Please contact
me to discuss my skills and future opportunities with your company.