New Work in Progress
I had my new quilt sewn all together, as I say, in one direction. That's half way for those keeping score. But it's enough that I can take it places since there are no longer any loose squares, so I took it to my local guild meeting tonight. It's a little strange looking since the squares aren't currently square but just a little rectangular looking. A closer view.
Here's a photoshopped mock up of what the real thing will look like once all the sewing is done. Ah the power of distortion (here's the original for comparison).
Ta Da! Tonight I finished sewing on the last few rows of squares for the new quilt. It's hanging in its own, half-sewn-together, strange sort of way. And in a small inspiration, I had a thought about something else. Tried it, found the gadget I needed to really try it properly (an omen in itself), and what do you know - it worked. Worked!
Tried some metallic thread. So did not work. Well that's not exactly true. Worked for about 2 inches before snapping. Don't know how some people sew with metallics but it's not something I'm going to spend my time doing.
Tried the same sort of thing with my most favorite rayon thread. Gorgeous.
So there you have it. Gotta try things to figure them out. Some things work. Some don't. Some won't and some are doomed from the start.